Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No longer dreaming

We are at long last…WITH HONOUR.

It seems like just yesterday she was only a dream, a wish, a distant hope. Today she is in our arms. Sorry it’s taken so long to post. We basically went into lock down mode yesterday as Honour began to grieve about an hour after we got back to the Hotel. She has been through so much for such a little girl. While we are seeing a deep sadness, we are also beginning to see a fight in her. This is a good thing. It’s what has brought her this far.

This morning I was reminded of Psalm 56:8;

“You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
and each ache written in your book.”

It seems the older I get, the less I know about God. But this I know; He must have volumes of ledgers and a really big book. Especially for children who ache for home.


First Meeting


Michaela comforting Honour at 5:00am


Dad and Honour
-Rob





12 comments:

Valorie Leonard said...

What a joy to see you guys united with your little Honour! Congratulations!

Our Family said...

At long last - together. Your pictures say it all. How great is God's love. Congratulations family. The Duda family.

Hank said...

Oh how beautiful it is to see her in your arms!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Hank&Tricia

Jessica Alvarez said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you, and totally get you on lock down mode. We hope Honour's grief passes soon, and your first few days together go well. Congratulations again!

PS - I think we'll see you tomorrow at the Passport office.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - what beautiful photograph's. We are all praying.

Love, Jen & Matt

Mel said...

We are so happy for you, and are praying for the transition and bonding to be very smooth and beautiful. The pictures of you guys with her bring tears to my eyes, especially seeing Michaela and Honour together.
Much love,
Melanie (and Greg) Falco

thecurryseven said...

Congratulations!! It is so hard to see a child you love grieve. I have to admit to being a tad worried when I didn't read a post right away. I will be praying for comfort for Honour and strength for you.

Elizabeth (Holt)

Anonymous said...

So happy.

asian~treasures said...

What great photos!! Congratulations!!!

Sheri, David, Micah & Adria--in Hanoi

everything we need is enough said...

She's just perfect! Thank you for updating with pictures... I look forward to seeing more of her and hearing about your time in Vietnam.

debbie mccavey said...

Oh My Gosh....this certainly brings back memories.....!!! So sweet to see Michaela holding her little sister....what conversations you all had holed up in "lock down" mode....! so sweet....enjoy all the moments...thinking of you ALL, even the ones left at home....

Ann said...

Our God is an AWESOME God! Still sending prayers your way--now for strength and trust.
Ann