I’ve been to the majestic mountains of the Pacific Northwest. I’ve watched the sun set on the “purple mountain majesties” of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. I’ve flown over Everest in Nepal. But there is something uniquely beautiful about the mountains here in New England. I know. I know. Those of you living in the west call our mountains here hills. That’s okay. They are beautiful hills. Especially in the fall, when they look like they are on fire with the breath-taking colors of autumn.
Well, after all the snow we’ve been getting, we have all been going a little stir-crazy here in the house. So I decided to take Micah and Jazz to the mountains for a serious climbing expedition. I wasn’t sure if they would be up to the task but they conquered three peaks in less than a day. We came back exhausted but fulfilled. I love the different perspective you get when you seem to be standing on top of the world. What a day!
4 comments:
LOL..fun post!
oh rob...remind me why i am leaving the purple mountains majesty for brown mountains in parking lots???
you sure know how to make a good time out of nothing, i'll give you that! you'll have to teach us for survival!!
looking forward to being with you all soon
kellen
We got our driveway leveled out last summer. Chris and Riley thought they were the luckiest guys in the world when they had their own giant pile of dirt in the yard. They got out their snowboards and invented "dirt boarding".
That's great, love this post! I wish we had some of that snow. I'm still waiting to take Josiah sledding!
Post a Comment